Friday 16 October 2015

Puppy's first haul


Hey everyone, whilst writing last weeks post I had an idea for a blog post which explained all the things my parents have bought for our new puppy called Poppy. So if anyone is interested in getting a dog, already have one or just want a look at what I brought then I hope you enjoy reading and all the links to where you can buy  anything (other than Poppy, because I'm definitely not sharing haha) is linked at the end of this post, ones marked with a * means I couldn't find the exact one although I found one similar.


I'm going to start of with some of Poppy's toys that she has to play with because she is a puppy she is mostly sleeping so she doesn't really need many toys at the moment but I'm sure her collection is going to grow as she gets older. I often find dog toys to be a little creepy however this one I have especially found a bit weird and creepy, I have absolutely no idea why but I'm never sure wether to laugh or get freaked out by this little chicken toy. It's probably because of its weird un-chicken like figure as well as the eyes that somehow look so evil. The second toy was this really cute teddy with loads of different patches all over him. He is perfect for puppies and saves you from getting your hoover out every 5 seconds because inside is actually rope instead of stuffing which most toys (including the evil chicken) have in them.  



We also got her some normal puppy chew for when she teeths as well as your standard tennis ball which pretty much most dogs will like. She also came with her own toy from the breeder to remind her of her home so she is commutable and doesn't feel alienated in her new surroundings.


You might have seen in a few of them last pictures the fluffy mat which has been played down in her bed so she doesn't get too cold at night. She also has a stack of soft, cosy, fluffy blankets which if I was a dog would prove irresistible to me and I'd just want to stay wrapped in them all day, but hey, I'm not a dog so that'll never happen... sadly. Poppy also has a choice of two beds, either a grey plain basket type bed with that soft, silky, furry cover or a plain mat with a nice fluffy cover over it.


Before my sister and I found out about Poppy our parents had gone shopping for her and I think my mum must have got a bit carried away with what she was doing as she picked up SCENTED waste bags yes, scented. But to be honest I can still smell that horrible plastic smell. Although I think my parents did an alright job on the water and food bowls because I really like the patterns on the out side of the bowls.



Where to buy



And thats about it... for now! I hope you have enjoyed reading and if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to post them below and I'll reply as soon as I can. Thanks for reading.
From Megan x



4 comments :

  1. Awww this is so sweet! Makes me wish I had a puppy of my own hehe. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy is so adorable!! I've always loved basset hounds :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I love basset hounds too, they're all soooo cute :) xx

      Delete