Sunday 19 June 2016

My Face In A Post



Okay, so excluding the laptop and confetti (obviously) these are the main makeup products that go on my face most mornings to make me look somewhat presentable. Some of the products in this picture, like Urban Decays Naked Skin foundation, would have actually ran out by the time this is published, but I'm pretty sure they will be replaced soon! I just really wanted to share my usual makeup routine and throw in a few dupes that I think are also worth the credit.



• Products Featured •


Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation 
Rimmel London's Wake Me Up foundation
Rimmel London's Wake Me Up concealer
Maybelline NewYork's Lash Sensational mascara
BD Trade Secrets highlighter
Barry M's Chisel Cheeks contour kit
Barry M's Shape and Define brow kit
1. Lets start with what I apply first, foundation. It's not very often I come across a foundation that I absolutely love however, last year, in June, I finally found one that fits everything on my checklist. At first I was a bit taken back by the price tag, I mean from spending £8.99 on a foundation and then to a £28 foundation is a bit of jump. I found that the consistency of this foundation is perfect as well as the coverage.  This foundation is perfect for those days where you don't want your makeup to look really heavy but you want to cover up any blemishes. As the price tag is a bit on the expensive side, a perfect dupe for this is Rimmel London's Wake Me Up foundation, which is my second all time favourite foundation.

2. Next up is concealer, I haven't included concealer in the picture because I rarely use it as I'm very lucky and don't often get very many spots or blemishes and if I do have any, then my foundation usually covers it perfectly. However, there are times when I do use it and the one that I find that works best is Rimmel London's Wake Me Up concealer. Since buying this I have found that my blemishes are covered far much longer than normal and I don't need to spend time throughout the day constantly checking to see if everything looks ok.

3. Maybelline NewYork's Lash Sensational mascara is something I always wanted before I actually bought it due to the amazing reviews it had received. However, I don't think it's one of the best mascaras I have ever used, I mean, it is alright but it isn't everything it has been said to be. It does an amazing job, but I just think it isn't really worth the hype that has been created about it. As it is, I don't have super great lashes but I thought this would at least make them seem better but in fact, it sometimes does the complete opposite and made them clumpy instead.

4. Highlighters didn't really appear in my makeup routine, until the start of this year when I thought it was time to switch things up a bit. I have actually had this highlighter for quite a while but trying new makeup products straight away have just proven not to be my forte and I prefer to take my time, learning how to use it instead of rushing into it.

5. I got Barry M's brow and contour kits quite a while ago when they were quite popular with everyone and to be honest I don't always use the contour kit, mainly I use it on weekends or if I miraculously have time in the mornings (never). However, the brow kit has slowly become my friend. Before buying this, I always used to use the little pencils that broke EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I was also quite scared about looking like I have two slugs on my face however, so far there has been no slug accidents and I've found that the smaller the flick the more natural they look.

                                                               





Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation - £28 

Rimmel London's Wake Me Up concealer - £5.49 

Maybelline NewYork's Lash Sensational mascara - £7.99

BD Trade Secrets highlighter - £7.99

Barry M's Chisel Cheeks contour kit - £6.49

Barry M's Shape and Define brow kit - £5.99

Whole face: £61.95 




2 comments :

  1. The Urban Decay foundation looks stunning the packaging is goals and the coverage sounds incredible! Do you know of any dupes because I really don't have the money for the Urban Decay one? Thanks for sharing x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a few dupes! First, is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation, this is almost exactly the same apart from it doesn't last as long. The second dupe is the Madeline Dream Satin Liquid foundation for if you want a bit more coverage but it is quite creamy! x

      Delete