Saturday 14 November 2015

Alesha Dixon gift set review


Hey everyone! Last week I got an email asking if I would like to review Alesha Dixons gift set which includes a body lotion and a fragrance and of course I said yes! As well being a judge on Britain's Got Talent, model, solo singer Alesha is also an ambassador for Avon. Both the Fragrance and Body Lotion are part of the Crystal Collection inspired by Alesha's love of crystals and their healing powers.

Before I start to tell you about the individual products that come in the set I'd like to point out the front of the box as it is really eye-catching as it is decorated in shades of pink with strips of silver as well as having a picture of Alesha on the side of the box. There is also a window so you can see the products inside which matches the colour of the box! When you turn over the packaging there's a little paragraph which tells you a bit about the body lotion and fragrance, I find this always gives a special touch to the product.
"Rose Quarts is known as the stone of love. It promotes a feeling of self worth, positive thought and brings happiness to the owner. The fragrance echoes these properties with key notes of Bergamot, Jasmine and Patchouli lifting the spirits and fusion of rose notes, the perennial fragrance of love throughout."

Rose Quartz fragrance
  • Amount of product: 100ml
  • Use until: 36 months
  • Packaging rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ 
  • Smell rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 


Whenever I get offered a product I always like to do a bit of research of my own to make sure it's right for me, whilst looking at images of the gift set I thought the fragrance bottle was going to be really small and something that would start to really start to go down with in a couple of uses. However this wasn't the case in fact this is a full sized glass bottle that would gladly sit amongst your perfume set. There is also 'Rose Quartz' engraved into a silver strip on the lid on one side and when you turn it around 'Alesha' is also engraved on the other side.




Both the body lotion and perfume scents are matching which I find really good since I LOVE the smell, so having it in two forms is a bonus! I feel as though the scent is one that everyone loves and you could get away with wearing everyday (as the perfume) as it's not overpowering however it isn't really weak either. Although I'd probably save the body lotion for after having a nice relaxing bath or shower since it's something that would probably go down really quick.

Rose Quartz body lotion


  • Amount of product: 100ml
  • Use until: 12 months
  • Packaging rating: ♥ ♥ 
  • Smell rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 


You've probably noticed I only gave the packaging a rating of 3 and that's because I feel as though there are other styles of packaging they could have used. I really like it however I think it just needs something more to separate it from other body lotions out there. I really like how it left my skin really soft and smooth after I used it once I got out the shower. Like I said before the smells are exactly the same in both the lotion and perfume which is the best since I really like the scent, here's a description of what they smell like:

  • Top notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit
  • Heart notes: Rose, Magnolia, Geranium
  • Base notes: Amber, Patchouli, Vetivert, Cedar, Musk: Bergamot, Grapefruit




Over all I think this would be a great present for a friend or family member or maybe even a treat for yourself! I'm also guessing it's also easy to wrap because it's in a box, so if you're like me and try to only buy presents in boxes this is perfect haha :) If you would like to find out more or buy this gift set click here. Thanks for reading!

From Megan x



6 comments :

  1. That sounds like such a nice scent! All of the major notes described are right up my alley, haha. I love that you try to buy pre-boxed gifts! At my house we tend to buy anything and then place everything into boxes in the recycle, like granola bar boxes where the product inside is packaged so you get a perfectly good box without the risk of whatever was in it before making a mess of the gift ;)


    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same I think the scent is one of my favourites and that's such a good idea why did I not think of this before!?! The amount of wrapping paper and hours I've spent trying to make the odd shaped present look alright, when I should've done what you do!

      Delete
  2. This gift set looks so feminine and deluxe! Rose Quartz sounds like the kind of fragrance I love! You're on my reading list now, let's keep in touch :-) Baci, Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fragrance is one everyone will love! Thanks and yeah sure :)

      Delete
  3. its a lovely bottle i have to say .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete