Sunday 27 September 2015

Shea Moisture shampoo and Hair Smoothie review



The smell of coconuts has always been one of my favourite scents and I have always had curly thick hair so when I was offered the chance to try out a shampoo and hair smoothie that smelt of coconuts as well as being made for my hair type I obviously had to say yes! Although there were other products made specifically for other hair types such as; aged, colour damaged, dry hair etc.

Firstly let's start off with the smell which is probably the best shampoo I have ever smelt before! It honestly smells like coconut ices which if you haven't smelt before, why not?! For those who haven't smelt them it smells like the sweetest scent of coconut, you don't ever want to stop smelling it! Usually the aroma of shampoo lasts in my hair for about sixhours before it slowly fades away and I'm left with unscented hair however, this lasts until the next wash! Yes, the next wash!!! Which actually surprises me as this NEVER happens with other shampoos.

Shea Moisture is:

- Not tested on Animals
 Safe for coloured hair
Organic



Shea Moisture shampoo

The things I look for in a shampoo are pretty simple, it washes my hair well and smells good, and if it does other things that's just a bonus! The bonus in this shampoo is that it's made for thick curly hair, making the curls look smooth and hydrated. I found that it also brought out the colours of blonde in my hair from where I dip-dyed it earlier on in the year, I don't know if the shampoo is actually supposed to do this but it does and I'm not complaining!


Usually I can tell when a shampoo is good because my hair co-operates with me in the mornings and goes up with out a fuss and this is how I know my hair was loving this new shampoo! As it is also anti-frizz I didn't feel the need to want to straighten my hair so much because the curls were not frizzy and they actually looked nice for once.


Curl enhancing smoothie

This is a product I have never heard of before and is slightly different to what I thought it would be like but that doesn't mean I don't like it, in fact I love it! The reason why I say it's different is because it's like a cream and I'm used to applying things to my hair then rinsing it off but with this you keep it in and dry/style like normal. Like the shampoo it is made to make your curls look smooth and un-frizzy and I found it works just as well using normal shampoo before applying but the effects don't last as long.




The other thing, apart from the smell, that I really liked was that it wasn't filled up only halfway it was all the way to the top so it feels like it's worth your money that you pay. It's also really good if you don't use conditioner (like me) because it doubled up as a leave-in conditioner as it made my hair soft and silky which was just a little extra I found whilst testing this product!

Overall I love these two products and I'm so glad that I was offered the chance to try them because they're AMAZING! 
Shea Moisture is actually going to be available to buy in the UK in October as they are now going to be stocked in Boots stores! Which I'm very happy about because it means I can try some of their other products they stock.


Where to buy

View other products here


Thanks for reading
From Megan x



6 comments :

  1. This sounds so great! It's so nice when you find products that work so well for your hair. And it's nice when there are added, unexpected benefits (as you had with your dip dyed sections) :)

    Great review!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be one of the best surprises ever when a product gives you something extra than what you expected! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the Curl and Shine shampoo; it's one of my all-time favorites. I don't even normally care about what shampoo I use but I can't use anything else at the moment! I want to try the Curl Cream too.:)

    xoxo

    Jessica

    www.blushandbaubles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one of the best shampoos out there by far, glad you like it too! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  3. I am with you, I absolutely love coconuts and the smell of coconuts! They're amazing! This shampoo and conditioner looks great, I have thick straight hair so I'm interested to see if they sell something for my hair xx Great post :)

    Gina x | www.lifeandlights.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of coconuts is just perfection! And I think they might, hope you find one for you :) Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete