Sunday 28 June 2015

Lush Montalbano Shampoo Bar review


Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a great day, this week I have decided to talk about why I have decided that Lush shampoos are so much better than normal shampoo from a bottle. I hope you enjoy reading and all the links to where you can buy any of the products can be found at the end of the post! 


The other week my friends and I went into town together and as per usual we ended up in Lush smelling every single bath bomb or other product we could. For a while I have been wanting to buy a shampoo bar just to test it out and see if they were any good or not. After looking for a while I finally decided to get the Montalbano bar which has green olives to improve the thickness of the hair and to make it more elasticated. As well as rosemary, Sicilian lemon oil and lemon juice giving your hair a healthy looking glow!

Like many things in lush there is heaps of selection to choose from like the Seanik which leaves you're hair feeling volumized and makes it look brighter. There is also the Karma Komba shampoo bar which cleanses the hair as well as getting rid of any products that may not have fully came out of your hair yet. You can find these plus more if you go online or go into your local lush store!


Compared to other 'normal' shampoos  shampoo bar is soooo much better! Each shampoo bar lasts for around 3 months which is amazing especially because a normal shampoo would probably last a whole month less! As it is from Lush it's also not tested on animals and is hand made too! Even though I have used this about 10 times since buying it there is hardly anything that has changed about it; it still has its colour, no large chunks have been broken off and it still has the same results as it did the first wash! 


How to use :


When I first got my shampoo bar I did think it was a bit of a waste of £5 however, when I got home I watched a few videos on different ways to use this bar. Before watching the videos I thought you had to crumble the WHOLE bar onto your hair but then I realised eac h bar can last for up to 3 months each! The best way I found was to rub the bar on my head with the bar in the palm of my hand. You just have to treat it as though it's normal shampoo so you; make your hair damp, use shampoo then rinse as you normally would. There are other ways to use it, for example, rubbing the bar into your had to create a lather then massage into your hair.





Over all this has definitely replaced my other shampoos and even my conditioner because this leaves my hair so soft and silky as well as making it glow I feel that I don't aways need to condition after washing my hair.

Where to buy : 


Montalbano shampoo bar

Seanik shampoo bar
Karma Komba shampoo bar
Shampoo bar tin



Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it. 
What's your favourite shampoo been recently? 

From Megan x








Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin'  | Email ~ megaaanii.email@gmail.com





♥ ♥ 

18 comments :

  1. Wow, you've definitely sold me! The fact that it isn't in a bottle and therefore reduces plastic would have interested me, but your review of it definitely makes it sound worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try one of these Shampoo bars, I have always been put off my how difficult they look to use, but you have convinced me! Next time I go to Lush I am definitely going to buy one! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do buy it! Thanks for commenting :)
      From Megan x

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting post, I've never considered using a shampoo bar but your review sounds so good! Particularly if it lasts 3 months :) xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks :) 3 months is such a long time for a shampoo to last so I can't wait to see if it actually does what it says it does!
    Thanks for commenting :)
    From Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried this particular one from Lush, sounds amazing! Lovely post sweetheart! xxxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it because it's absolutely AMAZING! Thanks for commenting :)
      From Megan x

      Delete
  6. I got one too the other day and I am loving it :)
    great post !

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're loving it too! Thanks for commenting :)
      From Megan x

      Delete
  7. This looks great!!

    Lauren x | https://laurenselwood.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good review! I've seen these in Lush before but I never realised they were shampoos because I just simply didn't look! Might have to head down to Lush and grab myself one of these to test out!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know what you mean, the first time I saw them I thought they were bath bombs then I got told it was a shampoo and that confused me even more! Thanks for commenting :)

      From Megan x

      Delete
  9. I love the LUSH solid shampoos and have used them for years. My hair is now always in really good condition and healthy. Plus the bars do last for ages, just like you say, and are easy to travel with because there are no bottles to leak - plus you can take them in hand baggage on planes because they are not liquids! At a pinch, they are ok as soap too so just take the one bar for a weekend away or something. My favourites are the purple one and the orangey-red cinnamon one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo didn't realise they could double up as soap! Thanks for telling me :) Definitely going to have to buy another one soon!

      From Megan x

      Delete
  10. I need to try out shampoo bars! I've only heard good things!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you do they're AMAZING! Thanks for commenting :)
      From Megan x

      Delete