Saturday 16 July 2016

Cupcakes for 24



Recently, I have re-discovered my old love for baking. I mainly put this down to a recipe I found about a few months ago and I think they just taste so much better than any other recipe I have tried. The recipe I originally found is for Mary Berry's vanilla cupcakes however, I decided to add my own little twist to them. I usually use this recipe around Easter time because of all the leftover dark chocolate I have laying around, however it is perfect for anytime of the year.



• What you will need •


175g of caster sugar
175g of self raising flour
175g of butter (cut into slices)
3 large eggs
2tsp of vanilla essence
2tsp of baking powder
100g of chocolate chips 
Around 24 cupcake cases
2 mixing bowls
Electric whisk
Silicon cupcake baking tray


Firstly you will need to preheat the oven to 180ÂșC, once you have done that cream the caster sugar and butter together. When you have done that, in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together by doing this you are allowing air to get into the mix, making the cakes super spongey!

Along with the flour and other dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) slowly mix into the creamed butter and sugar. Once everything is mixed in well and the mix is a smooth consistency, add the chocolate chips and stir in well! Especially around Easter time, I like to weigh out the whole bar and chop up the little pieces myself however, wether you buy the chocolate chips or smash em' up yourself is completely up to you!

Set out the cupcake cases in the holder and pour the mixture half way into the cases, making sure their even. Put them in the oven for around 20-25 minutes and leave to cool once you have taken them out. This recipe should make about 24 small cupcakes so if you have a smaller tray, prepare yourself to be in the kitchen a while!

Recipe credit: Mary Berry's vanilla cupcakes

These little cupcakes are perfect for lunch boxes and are great to snack on although, be warned, they are pretty addictive! The original Mary Berry recipe suggests to put icing on top of them however, I think these are sweet enough to have without it! I think that this is the perfect recipe for when you want something quick, easy and tasty to make or for when you need a quick snack during the day.




2 comments :

  1. Oooh cute post and recipe. I love Mary Berry, and hope to try out a few of her recipes at some point. Cupcakes are a classic one to make, but I love your own twist on the original. Your photography is beautiful too, I like how the natural stream of sunlight is captured in the first photo. Happy baking! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete