Sunday 21 February 2016

My top 10 makeup products

This is something I have been hoping to write for a while but haven't got round to doing but today I finally sat down and typed away and counted down a list of my top 10 makeup products. Hope you enjoy reading, if you would like anymore information of any thing mentioned the links will be listed at the end of the post.



10. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition mascara - This is something I didn't really review on here because I got it as a quick buy before I went on holiday - just as something to replace my old one before it ran out on me whilst on holiday. It actually lasted me quite a long time compared to some other mascaras that I've had in the past and it was my first proper mascara where I could tell the difference from what my old mascara used to (not) do for me. 

9. Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - As soon as I got my first little pallet of this I instantly loved it because it took away the worst (unhealthy) looking shine to my skin but wasn't so heavy it took away the glow from my face/foundation either. 

8. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick Wine 107 - This is a product that I'm still very unsure about even though I know I will LOVE it once I get used to it. This was only the second time I had ever purchased any lipstick and I think it was a bit too bold, for a beginner (*cough cough* me). Although I really love wearing it on days out or if I'm experimenting plus both the colour and smell (I'm being serious!) is really nice too!

7. Bd Trade Secrets Dream Shine highlighter - When I bought this I actually wasn't too sure on it because of how shiny it made my skin look, however, as time went on, I have grown to love it! I like it because, unlike all my other highlighters, this one is liquid and if you look closely  it has tiny little sparkles in it, to make it really stand out.

6. SevenTeen Mirror Shine lipstick in the shade Nudist Peach - I actually had to chuck this one (nooo) because I dropped it on my rug in my room and it got loads of fluff on it but what I can remember was that I loved this! I think I was actually really amazed by the little mirror that flipped out as you took the lid off but I also liked the shade too. Unlike other lipsticks this one was the actual colour that it said it was and as it was a nude shade it didn't stand out too much either.

5. BarryM Brow Kit - This is a slightly newer product that I've only recently bought, however, I'm starting to really love it! At first, I was really unsure of it because let's face it no one is naturally a pro at doing eyebrows. To begin with my eyebrows looked like slugs glued to my face but since that, I've been watching loads YouTube tutorials and asking around on Twitter and I've slowly been getting to grips with this little kit.

4. Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - Before buying this I just used to see all concealers as the same really and that they all did the same job no matter what but I actually noticed this one actually stays on my face for ages and covers up any blemishes I may have that day.

3. Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara - I got in this in January, after hearing loads about it and I was really suprised when it was everything everyone said it would be. I really like the wand that comes with it although, sometimes the mascara can come out clumpy because of it.

2. Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation - I've just notice there's quite a strong theme of Rimmel products throughout this post but I suppose that just means Rimmel is the queen of makeup brands! This is a foundation I would recommend anyone who wants a cheap, good quality foundation that looks like it had cost triple the price. I love this so, so, soooo much because it was just everything I was looking for in a foundation.

1. Urban Decay Naked foundation - The only foundation better than Rimmel's Wake Me Up is this. Mainly because I thought it was so light on my face compared to the Wake Me Up one and it still did the same thing it also smelt kind of nice too, which is always a bonus!

Aaaand that's it. There's my list of the 10 best makeup products I've tried so far! I'm always looking for some new makeup products, so if you have any, feel free to comment them all!



Hope you enjoyed reading! 
From Megan x


No comments :

Post a Comment