Tuesday 8 September 2015

Herbal Essences - vs - Batiste dry shampoo



Hey everyone, it feels like for ever since I have done a post involving something to do with hair products so I thought that I would compare two of the most recognised brands that sell affordable dry shampoo. All the links to where you can find these products mentioned will be listed at the end of the post, enjoy reading!

Before starting this post completely I'm just going to let you know what I look for in a dry shampoo and that is a product that can turn a head of greasy 2nd day hair into luscious locks in seconds that happens to smell good as well.


Batiste - 'Blush'

Fragrance: Floral
Amount of product (ml) : 200ml 
Price: £2.99



Firstly I am going to start of with the first ever dry shampoo I ever brought, unless you count the mini travel set one that my Grandparents got me for when I went to Germany and I literally emptied the whole bottle in one use because I had absolutely no idea of what dry shampoo was! I know many people who swear by Batiste and that is usually me because it is so affordable and you can pretty much pick it up where ever you go, I have even seen them being sold in the mini Tesco's down the road from me! For me I love them because of their wide variety of scents and they have a dry shampoo for almost any type of hair including; thin hair, thick hair, coloured hair as well as having one for every natural hair colour there is. As well as this Ella Henderson is also the face of Batiste which is AMAZING  because I love her songs although I have yet to try her own dry shampoo that she helped create.


But thats enough of that, now its time to hear about how well it actually works!  Like I said before this was my first dry shampoo I brought and it has been sitting on top of my draws ever since, that happen to be a great place to store all of my beauty products, mainly because of how clean and fresh it makes my hair look even on the most greasiest of days where it looks like I have dunked my hair in a bowl full of oil, well not literally but you know what I mean! As I said at the beginning Fragrance is a big thing for me and if it smells bad then its staying on the shelf but as with everything else Batiste never fails to disappoint! It's quite obvious from what the shampoo is called that it's going to have a floral scent to it and yes it does theres no doubt about it, only for an hour or so but I don't let that change my opinion of what a brilliant product it is as it lasts through out the whole day with no problems.

Things that I would improve - It's only a small thing but sometimes it can feel like a major problem, I find this product can make my hair feel as though I have put so much product in it where as in actual fact I've only sprayed it 2-3 times all around my hair. When ever this happens it can really weigh my hair down making it a nightmare to manage.



Herbal Essences - Ignite my colour shampoo

Fragrance: Rose
Amount of product (ml) : 180ml
Price: £2.99



The next dry shampoo I brought was Herbal Essences which is made to brighten up dull hair especially dyed hair although I wasn't too bothered about brightening up the dull dyed parts of my hair since only my ends have been coloured and I usually only put the dry shampoo on the roots of my hair. Many of you may know Herbal Essences for their large range of affordable great smelling shampoo's and conditioners and the stunning smells carry on to their small range of dry shampoo's. Since Batiste has been my go to dry shampoo for around 2 years now I thought it was finally mix things up and try a new one! So after what has to be the most quickest decision I have ever made when choosing a product for my hair, I picked Herbal Essences Ignite My colour Dry Shampoo which is rose scented.


Compared to Batistes dry shampoo I found it really light in my hair which didn't weigh it down and its smell lasted until around lunch time which is a MASSIVE difference from Batiste! Something else I really like is the way the descriptions are written on the back (simple things) but it just makes it seem so much more friendlier along with making it sound like the company puts loads of thought into every single detail about the product. I also like that they have matching shampoo's and conditioners which is a Little extra compared to what Batiste has to offer even though Batiste is a strictly dry shampoo company.

Even though there were some really good things about this product there were a few things that I didn't really like for example, they do not sell a bigger version of the bottle where as most companies usually have a choice but to be fair it is a normal size but it's always nice to have a choice! Another thing I didn't like was there wasn't a lot of option to choose from (I think maybe 3) which is perfectly fine but I do like having a wide variety of choice like Batiste have. I know they have to match their shampoos and conditioners but I'm pretty sure that they do actually have shampoo's for different types of hair e.g. thick, thin etc.

Over all I think I prefer Herbal Essences dry shampoo is the best one to buy although Batiste is always going to be one of my favourites and there is definitely nothing wrong with the brand I feel Herbal Essences just has that bit more extra than Batiste has to offer. However both brands are wonderful and I will happily buy either product again!

Where to buy

Batiste
Herbal Essences

What is your favourite dry shampoo?
Thanks for reading!
From Megan x






6 comments :

  1. I love this! I did a similar post with these dry shampoos too and I'm glad you came to the same conclusion! I've always used Batiste because people are always singing its praises but the Herbal Essences is perfect on my thick hair.

    I've linked my post below in case you want to check out what I thought of these products :)

    Great post, your photography is amazing! I love it :)

    RebeccaJane
    https://pocahontasjane.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/battle-of-the-dry-shampoo-herbal-essences-vs-batiste/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) It's weird how loads of people like batiste but won't ever try others because batiste is the main one sold! I'm definitely going to be reading your blog post tonight about what you thought, thanks for commenting!

      From
      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I never knew that Herbal Essences had a range of dry shampoos whoa! I bet they smell incredible! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard of them but hadn't really bothered buying one until now, they smell AMAZING! xx

      Delete
  3. Never knew they had a dry shampoo range! Might have to try it thanks! :)

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you do, it's such a good brand!
      From Megan x

      Delete